Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Snap: What She Does Best


She can do this. I can't. If anything brought that home this week, it was when we started trying to learn our Flashmob choreography together. Quite simply, she picks it up on the first viewing, while I have to watch the detailed instructions over and over. The ones where the instructor counts out each beat loudly and slooowwwwwly. She looks like she steppd off "So You Think You Can Dance" while I look like a partially paralyzed moose trying to do hip hop moves. She's going to be in the front row near the cameras, I'm going to bury myself in the middle of the mob and hope I don't wave my hands in the wrong direction.

She can get on a stage and shine, shine, shine. Doesn't matter the dance style. In the top photo, it's tap: something I didn't even know she could do that well. I mean I know she loves tap, and I know that she asked to get into the more advanced tap class, but until she came out onto that stage with all of the 15 - 18 year old girls looking like a midget among them and did these unbelievably amazing tap moves, I had no idea what she was capable of.

Asa performed last night in the "Nutcracker Remixed", a modern retelling of the Nutcracker using ballet, jazz, hip hop, tap, lyrical, and many other dance styles. She was totally in her element, appearing in eight dances. Her costume changes backstage were unbelievable (I had to help her out on Friday night, how she got it all done on Saturday night when I was in the audience is a mystery). Her big moment was as the Peppermint, and she helped out all of the little Mints on stage as well (they were so cute, took me right back to when she was a wee little ballerina).

In Pajamas after the show, getting flowers from Grandma
She got all her moves from her dad and I'm glad she did because Snap! I love to see her shine!

5 comments:

juliejulie said...

Can't wait to see that Flash Mob dance! Please remind us all the day before so we can show up, or at the very least, spread the video around!

Caratunk Girl said...

So cute!!

Robin said...

Julie, you should join us for the Flashmob!!!

Tina Marie Parker said...

Love these moments!

Wanna Be Iron Mommy said...

Being part of a Flashmob sounds like so much fun!
I do hope you post a link to it here afterward.