Monday, January 11, 2010

Saddling Up the Wrong Horse

I must've stood outside the grocery store for more than a couple minutes trying to get my panniers to slide back on my bike, I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Then again, mechanical things often defeat me so I guess it's no surprise that I married a brilliant mechanic. On the other hand, Mr. Mechanic was nowhere in site, and I definitely wasn't going to cycle home with my panniers balanced on my head.

That was when I realized I was putting the panniers on someone else's bike.

In my defense, it looked a lot like my bike (especially in the dark) and had a similar (though not quite the same) rack. Also in my defense, I had just gotten finished swimming for an hour, after teaching my swim conditioning class, commuting by bike, and also today had and hour and a half of karate and an hour of Crossfit in the morning. So I think I have at least a wee little excuse for being a mite tired and out of it.

Plus, I'm blonde.

That's my excuse for the day. At least I made it home. Oh yeah, and had a brilliant break-through in swimming, but more on that later. I'm going to bed now.

1 comment:

justme said...

i would say 90% is due to the blonde factor...

just kidding....must have been pretty funny