Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Countdown to Ironman, Week 13: Who Would I Save From The Towering Inferno?

I joke about this: If there was a burning building with all the people in the world in it, I'd save my family first, and then I would save my chiropractor. He's that good. Okay, I'd run in for my friends too, you know I would. But seriously, my chiropractor's like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, putting the stuffing back into the Scarecrow (me).

After seeing him twice this week, I'm feeling pretty nearly human. After the first time, I was able to stand and walk without pain for the first time in two weeks. After the second time, I could get on my bike again - 2 hours today. Running is still iffy, so I'm hoping that the third time's a charm and I'm seeing him next Monday.

Other than that, there's not much to report. I'm swimming a lot, because I can. The weather still sucks so I don't miss running as much as I would if it was sunny. And I'm still indoors on the bike trainer although I would love to start getting outside! Maybe it will all magically come together next week when I hit that 12-Weeks-To-Ironman moment and start "training for real". Keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 comment:

Miles of the Journey said...

Prayers been prayed.

You gave me a post idea; thanks
marvin