Friday, July 10, 2009

Hemo Back At Work

I'm happy to report that all of my little bone marrow factories are once again in production and I can feel more of those lovely little red blood cells circulating around carrying oxygen to brain and muscles. Does anyone else remember this terrific film that they showed in 6th grade science class, Hemo the Magnificent?? I think of this whenever I have to worry about my body's blood-cell-making capabilities... I think I might just have to order a copy to show my kids, it's really a classic and the best explanation for the circulatory system I ever remember having seen...




In any case, I'm feeling much friskier and I'll have to try another time trial in a week or so to see if things are really back on track. In three weeks we're going to run the Cascade Lakes Relay again, and since the legs of that race take us runners up to 7,000 feet or so, I'll need a few oxygen-carrying blood cells on my side!