Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Help! My Alarm Clock Is Killing Me!

Why do the Master's Swimmers look so shocked every time I show up for the 5:15 am workout? They get a good laugh in at my expense because I am SO NOT a morning person and it shows. I only fill in for this crazy time slot, I don't do it full time and now I know why. On my second week now of being a slave to my alarm clock, I'm getting nothing else done.

You see, night time is when I actually make things happen. The kids are asleep, or at least in bed. My early-to-bed-early-to-rise hubby has wound down for the night, and the house is all mine. ALL MINE. I get to type random stuff here on my blog, I get to catch up my 80,000 emails, I get to see a few friends online, read some stuff, fill my brain. Then around midnight or so the old grey matter winds down, I stagger off to bed and wake up at the very reasonable hour of 7:30 or 8:00. Without the alarm clock.

Sigh. I'm turning off my computer now. I'm setting the alarm for 4:30. At least I've got a good swim workout to get revenge on anyone laughing at me on the pool deck in the early morning hours. I'll post it tomorrow... if I'm not asleep that is.

No comments: