Sunday, October 17, 2010

Topping the List of Cool Events I Wish I Could Do

Online friend Allison Kaplan Sommer (check out her very interesting blog on "Motherhood, the Middle East, and life on the cultural fault line between U.S. and Israel"  AN UNSEALED ROOM) just did the Sea of Galilee Swim, which is apparently in its 57th year and is the largest amateur sports event in Israel. It's either a 1.5 or 3.5 k swim in one of the most historic bodies of water in the world. Doesn't it look beautiful?? So it's definitely way up there on my list of things I'd love to do (along with visiting Israel of course). Alas, this recession thingy is disrupting all of my plans to be a world traveler and to take our kids adventuring to places like this. That and the fact that I am a couple of chapters shy of my book proposal, on my way to being a famous author, you know? Yes, I know you don't get rich by being a famous author, unless you're like JK Rowling or something. But a girl can dream...

No comments: