Monday, October 11, 2010

Precious Precious Days

In October, sunshine is precious. It poured grey rain all weekend. The outdoor pool is only open for 20 more days (but hey, who's counting?) and with Pool Perv gone for good I am pinning my hopes on at least 20 days of mild weather. There's nothing as dear to the heart of an athlete as those last few good weather outdoor workouts in the fall before the rain, the sleet, the hail, the frost, cold, and snow make outdoor runs a test of will and fortitude.

Luckily, I get to go run with @juliejulie tomorrow and the prediction is sunny and 73 for our inaugural run together. Sounds auspicious, no?

I hope you all are enjoying the precious days of fall!

1 comment:

juliejulie said...

Oh, wait, we were supposed to run? I sure loved the BOXING!!! Putting movie up now. Hey, you should make me go swimming this week, before it rains.