Monday, February 15, 2010

Years of Love

Hubby and I were talking last night and realizing that we are getting ever nearer to that point in time where we've spent half of our lives together. Weird! This is our 18th year together, and I've definitely spent more than 2/3 of my adult life with him. I guess that's why he knows me so well.

So that's why, my valentine from him... No, not this...











These!!!! Totally unexpected and out of the blue, accompanied by a sweet little poem. And if you knew my hubby you'd know that for him writing a poem is truly a labor of love. I know so many athletes struggle with their spouses understanding and supporting what they do, I guess I was lucky enough to find someone just as crazy as I am.

And you know what? I can't wait to try them out. I ran 4.5 miles on Friday in my Five Fingers and my legs felt great. I ran 6 miles yesterday in my regular running shoes and the difference is noticeable. These new Five Fingers will be much better for the bark trails, because the bark gets into the old ones and gives me splinters everywhere. Now I'll just use those for Crossfitting, etc. and the new ones for hitting the trails!

No comments: