Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I'd Prefer Not to be Run Down in the Road

That's why I had to go back and change before going out running. You see, I got this awesome UnderArmour insulated top at Goodwill on their Halloween sales rack. I guess it was there because it was orange (thus Halloweeny??) but it was only $2 and it's a great running shirt. I was about to head out the door when I noticed that had paired it with some black running tights. Ordinarily, you can probably guess that I don't really care about fashion when I'm running, but on the even of the Civil War game that will decide which Oregon team goes to the Rose Bowl, one has to be careful. I live in the land of the green and yellow Ducks and not the orange and black Beavers, so I had second thoughts about going out for a run among thousands of rabid duck fans streaming all sorts of yellow and green banners and pom poms from their SUV antennae. I wouldn't want one of them to get the wrong notion and just decide to run me over or something.

So I went for something a little more orange-and-turquoise. Hey, those are Ironman Florida colors, bring back some good memories while I'm at it.

As for the "O" hands, for those of you who have never had the pleasure of attending a Duck game at Autzen stadium, when the crowd starts in with the "O", and 60,000 fans are screaming, that place is insane. The crowd noise at Autzen Stadium has been recorded at over 127 decibels. That's about the same level as a jet on the runway, or a jackhammer. Loud. Lee Corso of ESPN College Gameday says that "Autzen Stadium is the loudest stadium that I have ever been in my entire life!" I'm thinking it might just exceed that decibel level tomorrow. Go Ducks!

No comments: