Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Countdown to Ironman, Week 17: How NOT To Train


I just had to post this today - what a total abomination of the word Ironman!! You can rest assured that I am NOT training this week by eating a TWO POUND cheeseburger. Blech! I'm guessing that the folks at the end of this "Ironman" finish line do not look much like the folks who will be crossing the line at Ironman Coeur d'Alene.

In other news, I am coming to the end of my twenty weeks of "Out Season" training with Endurance Nation, and it's still kicking my booty around. It's been great to have relatively short, very focused workouts through this winter's bad weather. Even on a run like last night where I headed out into 38 degrees of wind-blown sleet, having the sets of half-mile and mile repeats to focus on left me no time to contemplate my own misery.

Even better, I spent two hours last Friday on the Ironman Coeur-d'Alene bike course, courtesy of the Computrainer setup at The Multisport Advantage triathlon shop/training center. Even though I'm still riding the Power Cranks which makes the steeper hills a bit tough, it didn't seem too terribly bad. I guess that bodes well for June 24!

2 comments:

KovasP said...

Don't you want your photo on the wall and a free meal? :)

Miles of the Journey said...

Glad your training is going well in spite of the weather. I hope this continues for you. In Texas, we have green grass, temps have reached into the 80s. Bodes well for a scorching summer...again.