Sunday, February 20, 2011

Amazing!

The bad news is, I missed my run on Friday and my swim on Saturday. That's because the robotics team that I coach was busy all day Friday (and actually up until 10:30 Friday night) getting ready for their big competition. And Saturday morning we were up by 5:30 to head off to the tournament. We didn't straggle back home until Saturday night at almost 11:00 pm, which made me grateful for good endurance since this was certainly one very long day.

The good news is..... OUR TEAM WON THE TOURNAMENT. Yep, that's what I said. Even though they're a very young team (mostly middle schoolers in a high school division), and even though it's our rookie season, they did it. Totally amazing, they completely blow me away. This means that we'll be heading up to Portland for the state championships next weekend.

Which also means I'll probably miss next Friday's long run and next Saturday's Master's swim. But I think I can live with that.

No comments: