Wednesday, July 02, 2008

More Details on Pac Crest Fatality

Here's the news story from the Seattle Times. The triathlete had a heart attack in the swim. RIP Patrick Findlay. Maybe this story hits me so hard because my own hubby is also 45. Because his father died of a heart attack at 42, so he knows what it is like to grow up without his father. Because Patrick Findlay's kids will now have to do the same. Because if it was my husband out there, I wouldn't want to be standing on the shore praying for the ambulance to get there soon as this man's sister-in-law was doing. To the family and friends of Patrick Findlay, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

I am so sorry to hear this sad story and can't imagine what the family is going through - or what it would have been like to witness such a tragedy at a race.

This past weekend, I also watched as a swim start was interrupted by calls for help. Thankfully, a swimmer had just cut up his feet and wanted out - but the watching and not knowing was heart wrenching.