Monday, April 02, 2012

Countdown to Ironman, Week 12: Fit Enough To Train

A happy but unexciting post for the day: Today marks the start of my official training plan in the final build to the Ironman in June. Luckily, with the help of my chiropractor, and taking some time off of everything, I do feel well enough to begin training harder and longer. Last week I decided to run very little - just a few 30 minute sessions, nothing to set my back off again. That strategy seems to have been a good one, as everything feels fine for now. Instead, I put in six hours on my bike (unfortunately still on the trainer as it is pouring rain outside) and tried to bank up some bike time. This weekend has a scheduled 3.5 and 3 hour rides. Eep! I've done one 2:45 ride and that's my longest so far, so I think I can survive it. Onwards and upwards!

No comments: