Friday, September 11, 2009

Swim Workout: 9-11


This workout is not an easy one. The 11-length segments are all 275's, which can seem pretty long especially if you're trying to push the pace. Tough. If it starts to feel too hard, you can think back to this day 8 years ago and that ought to take your mind off of your own troubles for awhile.


Warm Up

9 Lengths Swim, 11 Lengths Pull
9 Lengths Kick, 11 Lengths Swim


1000 y


Main Set

2 x (
9 Lengths: 3 x 75 Hard @:10
11 Lengths: Distance Pace

9 Lengths: 3 x 75 Descend @ :15
11 Lengths: Distance Race Pace
)
3000 y

9 Lengths: 3 x 75 IM No Free
11 Lengths: Pull


Cool Down:

9 Lengths: Drill 1, 4, 7
11 Lengths: Progressively slower, cooling down

4000 y

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

I will remember this for next year. Great way to reflect and remember 9/11.

Anonymous said...

I am a first time mother and my son is eight months old. He is in the phase of his life that he wants constant attention. I work 6 days a week at Narconon drug rehab and my son goes to the nanny when I am at work. I can't afford to send him to the nanny's for longer periods of time because of the expense. How can I get a good work out in and manage my son. I am looking for results but can't spend 10 hours in the gym every week. I don't have 10 hours to keep the house clean much less have the perfect body. Any suggestions?