Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crossfit Update

I'm in my 2nd week of Crossfit classes and am really finding it challenging and fun. I went last Tuesday and Thursday, and when I swam on Saturday I even thought I felt a little more power in my stroke. Maybe all those pullups! This week I'm going Monday, Wednesday, and Friday which is a little more challenging since on Monday I also have karate and swimming and by the time I was done with 3,000 yards of swimming on Monday night I had to call it quits. I could feel a soreness in my arms and legs that didn't feel like good soreness, it felt more like if I swam another yard I would regret it tomorrow kind of soreness.

So I think the challenge for me with Crossfit will not be in the workouts (though they're seriously challenging, but in a good way), it will be in how I manage to get my regular triathlon workouts in without either blowing up my body or just having fatigued tri workouts that are mediocre in nature. I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to accomplish all of this. I have nothing but good things to say about Crossfit though so far!

No comments: