Tuesday, July 08, 2008

And Speaking of Karate and goals...

I already have 2011 pegged as the year for my next Ironman, since I promised the fam I would only do one every 5 years, at least until the kiddos are grown at which point I can Ironman to my heart's content. But I just worked it all out in my head and figured that if all goes well with no injuries and no setbacks and I work my tush off, 2010 may be the year I get my black belt in karate. So it sounds like I'll have my work cut out for me and an exciting two years there back-to-back. That makes 2009 the year of the half-Ironman again, something I'm missing this year but will be excited to get back to.

And so it goes...

2008: Team in Training and Bicycling in Italy with kids
2009: Half-Ironman (and maybe qualify for Half-Max Nationals again like I did this year? That would be fun!) + Brown belt year (tough!) in karate.
2010: Black belt year
2011: Ironman

After that, I just won't know what to do with myself... Maybe the Navy Seal Fitness Challenge??? That would give me four years to figure out how to do a pullup or two, LOL. I think I can manage the rest of it:

500-yard swim (using sidestroke or breaststroke) under 12 ½ minutes
42 Push-Ups in 2 minutes
50 Sit-Ups in 2 minutes
6 Pull-Ups no time limit
1.5 Mile Run under 11 minutes

But the pullups have always been my weak point...

No comments: