Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I Eat. I Sleep. I Train.

Well, yeah, I also homeschool, shuttle my kids around to various activies, attempt to cook meals and keep the house clean (it's much harder to cook when you're always hungry, however) and keep a few minutes a day to connect with my hubby, but all extraneous activities have gone by the wayside. Forget renting movies because I fall asleep before watching them. Books? Haven't cracked one in a month or more (and that's an anomaly for me). Internet use is down to a few minutes here and there. I am loving this whole Ironman process, but I'm realizing that it's a sport for people who don't want to do anything else, and that's just not me. So while it is fun right now, and I can't wait for race day, I also can't wait for the day when my six year old doesn't have to say "Mom, you're going biking again???" as I head out the door, and I don't have to squeeze in a run while the kids are in their robotics team meeting, I can just hang out with them again and enjoy. And maybe pick up a novel or two...

2 comments:

Robin said...

_Reading Lolita in Tehran_ has been on my to-read list for awhile, so I might start there. Anything that doesn't have the words "muscular endurance", "brick", "interval" or "threshold" in it, LOL.

superfly00000 said...

So training is a big part of staying healhty but so is eating right, I shouldn't eat pastries but I do eat organic pastry that I purchased from online from daisyflour and I think it helps me stay healthy. Anyone else eat organic and does it seem to keep you healthier?