Sunday, November 06, 2011

Sunday Snap: An Ironmom Week in Pictures

I'm a very visual person. To the extent that I discovered at some point that I lip read almost as much as I hear a conversation, which probably explains my aversion to talking on the phone. Sometimes words are good, but I have to agree with the old maxim that a picture is worth a thousand of them. Therefore, rather than boring you with lots of wordy words about my week, here's a few photos:

Is there anything more exciting for a musician than buying her first guitar? Asa saved up her money for a long time to buy "Shanti", her beloved new electric/acoustic. I, as the photo-loving mom saw it as an opportunity to do a portrait of my lovely young lady.


One of the things I love most about my town is how many gardens there are. Think this is out in the country? No, it's a vacant lot next to my kids' orthodontist office. I don't know who has been gardening here, but they've done a beautiful job.

Hello, Rambo? I heard you needed some help. No, although this week was Halloween, this is not my son's costume. He and some friends are filming a movie out in our woods (quite possibly involving a zombie apocalypse, or a bunch of nunchaku-wielding soldiers). He just happened to wander into the house in all of his gear to take a call.

And unfortunately, he's not ALL that wandered into my house. Look at the entryway, victim of several teenager's muddy feet. Ugh!

Because a mom has to do some shopping, she better have something good to step out in. How about a pair of Doc Marten sandals? I've loved my Doc Marty boots since the ol' punk rock days. Happy to have something to kick around in when the weather is warmer.


What would an Ironmom be if she didn't cook dinner? Shrimp stir-fry, coming right up!

 
  

Even the pet rat loves my stir fry. Nom Nom Paleo.


Out for a run, I spotted this lovely gent looking for his supper. He stayed there while I crept close enough with my camera phone to snap this. Wishing I had my big camera along!



The saddest photo of all. Last day of outdoor swimming for the year. The pool is closed for the season! I will now go off somewhere to cry.








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics!! Pics do say a thousand words dont they?!

marian said...

love the photos. and even though it is sad that your pool is now closed - our outdoor pools closed at labor day! in portland they are only open end of june till labor day. very sad indeed.

Tina Marie Parker said...

If you make it to California in the winter. The TEAM will start ocean swims on Jan 15 @ La Jolla. We swim Mondays and Wednesdays @ Coggan Pool in La Jolla 6 to 7 or 7 to 8 till ocean swims start. I'm sure I can hook you up with someone if you are here on another day or just want to swim at the cove:)Bring wet suit for the ocean.

Robin said...

Ooooh, I would SO love that! Must talk hubby into another business trip to California!