Thursday, November 13, 2008

Swim Workout of the Week

Here's a main set I threw into my workout this week:

6 x 100 - Focus on different part of technique each 25 (catch, recovery, follow-through, rhythm, breathing, body position, etc.)

8 x 125 - Gradually accelerate, then sprint last 25

I'm also trying really hard to keep my head more level, as per a suggestion from my swim coach. I'm still not sure how much good this is going to do me, since I never swim for speed unless I'm in open water, in which case I have to look slightly forward so as not to get kicked in the face. Plus that wetsuit floats my feet enough that a flat body position is never an issue. Still, just in case I ever get the burning desire to attend a Master's swim meet, I guess it's a good idea to have some semblency of a decent pool technique!

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

This sounds like a great workout - will have to try it out!

Let me know if you use the waterweights with your coaching!