Friday, July 20, 2012

Why My Online Friends Make Me See Green

With the advent of the internet, news is no longer just news. Whereas before I might've read about the drought in our country, now I have online friends who are worrying about their cattle, or talking about how their vegetable gardens are withering or their lawns are dead brown. The internet puts a face on news and makes it real to me, even if I will never meet some of these friends in person. Although as a side note, I'll have to say that every single time I've met someone in person whose company I treasure online, they have been just as wonderful, if not more so, in person.

So yesterday when I got to do a short trail run with my dog, I saw the greenery around me with new eyes. I don't take it for granted, because I know so many of my friends would be happy to see it right about now. And when it rained last night and I had to rush out and pull all of my laundry off the line, I didn't mutter ungrateful phrases under my breath, not even a little bit.


No comments: