Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Countdown to Ironman, Week 44: Long Cold Swim? No Problem!

I've been told that one of the reasons that Ironman Coeur d'Alene does not sell out like the other North American Ironman events is because people are scared of the cold swim. I have no idea if this is true or not, but that's one aspect of the race that at least will not intimidate me. Because....

I swam across Crater Lake this Saturday!

My Aquaducks team have been planning and training for this for months now, and the weekend was finally upon us. I'll have more pictures and probably a long rambling post about it up soon, but the short version is that it took us nearly 3 hours of swimming, it was about 56 - 61 degrees in most places, the water was clear as glass, and it was fabulous, amazing, incredible, adjective-defyingly fun!

2 comments:

Miles of the Journey said...

Swam across the lake...3 hours....cold water. Amazing! "Adjective defying" --- great description. A great day to be alive

Ian M said...

What an incredible experience. Look forward to seeing more pictures.